Thursday, December 17, 2015

Vesancy, a village to get lost...

http://www.carolinadeluca.com/urban-sketching

This morning I went to Vesancy, a little village in the Jura, between Gex and Divonne. I had never been there, but when I was leaving home this morning, a friend told me that the town was beautiful, and recommended me to go. I had no clear plan to draw, but just wandering around a bit until I found something, so off I went!

Despite the fog that had descended this morning, the sky in Vesancy was bright and blue, and the day quite warm for being winter. And I am thankful to my friend because indeed the village is gorgeous, undamaged, and well conserved. The town seems to be built around the château de Gex and the church, and from the cemetery where I was drawing, the houses seem to crow together leaving no space for anything else. 

One other day I will come back, Vesancy, and get lost in your little streets and corners. I'm sure you have plenty to offer me!


No comments:

Post a Comment