Thursday, December 31, 2015

Last page of my sketchbook... 
for the last day of the year


It was just a coincidence, but some days ago I realized that I had only a page left of my drawing diary, and it was only few days for this year to finish. Obviously, I couldn't resist the symbology of it, and went out today, last day of the year, to honor this 2015 full of drawings. 
A couple of weeks ago, a friend recommended me to go to Mourex, which I didn't know, so off I went... The village is really nice, and really small, I'd almost say it has a single road and one intersection. But as tiny as it is, there were many charming views, although today I was kind of limited because of the rain and, ideally, I wanted to pick a spot where I could park and draw from the car. After many turns (I don't think I've gone over and over on the same road that much ever before), I decided to take the risk and draw outside. It went OK, it just started raining towards the end, so I packed my stuff and left... but the sketch was already done :) I'm still getting used to this new watercolor box, but today it was easier than the previous day in Divonne, and we'll have time to get to know each other better in 2016 :)

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment