Sunday, February 12, 2017

Ski race

http://www.carolinadeluca.com/urban-sketching

Today in La Faucille my daughter has participated in her first ski race. I've been there to sketch this special moment :)




























First sketch: while she went with her friends and trainer to "recognise" the slope, I invited my father to a coffee. I sketched the cafeteria just for the sake of doing one sketch, my only one today, without my hands freezing...

























Second sketch: we arrive to the arrival line. My hands are already cold. The slope is very long (slalom géant) and I don't even see its upper end. In the arrival line there's a small hatch for the commenters. People is checking and validating the slope before the race starts. We discover my daughter was put in the boys group... but no problem, she will run with the girls :)




Third sketch: the organising Club has prepared a small bar (buvette) where they sell crêpes, hot dogs, and hot drinks like tea and hot wine.




















Last sketch: My hands have frozen by now. My daughter has already run her first race, we are waiting for the second. This is the view from where the race ends.

And here myself taken by my father....




And a special bonus: the happy skier!



No comments:

Post a Comment