Thursday, January 5, 2017

The first entry of 2017

http://www.carolinadeluca.com/urban-sketching

It seems an obvious name for this entry but it really suits it. Because we just started the year and we put the counter to zero and suddenly everything we usually do becomes "the first time". So yes, this is the first time I write in the blog in 2017. The first time I post a drawing. The first time I went back to bring my daughter to her dance class. Also the first time I stayed because I have no time to go back home, do something useful, and come back. For all of these, the first time, but in 2017. Now a real first time: the first time I drew someone in her class!

Today I had a lot of envy to draw. And I passed the day in the mountain and brought my stuff with me. But it was so cold and windy that stopping even for few minutes seemed impossible (I even had my sandwich walking!). So when I brought my daughter to her class and had to wait there, well, it was obvious what to do. I usually don't draw there because my subjects are too far away... but then, this was the first of first so no excuses!

My daughter takes African Dance lessons. And this is one of the drummers playing in her class, so cool! 



Happy New Year to you all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment