Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Frozen watercolors

http://www.carolinadeluca.com/urban-sketching

Today I somehow forgot how cold it is, and thought, oh, I'll go and sketch a bit before my daughter comes back from ski. So off I went. And yes, today, not only my feet were frozen, but at -5C, you can well imagine that also the water of my watercolors was quickly becoming ice in my sketch! I didn't have to decide when the drawing was done, that was the moment when my pencil was totally frozen!!

This is the small crêperie at the foot of the télécabine in Crozet, where all children line up to get their hot chocolate crêpes after a good afternoon skiing. Next time I'll bring the owner a copy, and maybe he will offer me a hot drink in exchange, since today I'd forgotten my wallet!



No comments:

Post a Comment