Friday, May 17, 2019

Refuge de La Chaz

https://www.carolinadeluca.com/chaletsofthejura

Yesterday I went up behind Thoiry looking for more chalets. First I passed by Narderans, but I decided I might have to come back with morning light. I had a really nice conversation with a couple of people from the Association who are taking care of maintaining the chalet, and then continued a bit up to the Refuge de La Chaz. 
This little pasture chalet is at 1490m high, right below the Brie, one of the summits west from the Reculet. It doesn't seem to be maintained lately, although I've seen it was until up 2009 at least. Usually cows are around there during the whole Summer. Yesterday, it was a bit cloudy and not too much light, but the fields to get there were full of yellow daffodils. Totally worth it!

Did you know about this little chalet already?



No comments:

Post a Comment