Saturday, May 25, 2019

Chalet du Praffion

https://www.carolinadeluca.com/chaletsofthejura

If you want to see chamois in Crozet, this is the place. The Chalet du Praffion takes its name from the Creux de Praffion, a rocky amphitheatre not far from the arrival of the télécabine in Crozet. It is a very accessible place, ideal to bring the children. The chalet is a bit below the circus, at 1385m high. It is quite well maintained, but I really don't know if it is still used as a pasture chalet these days, maybe yes, as in Summer there are always cows around.

The other day when I went there were plenty of chamois everywhere. And if as usual you can only spot them by far, sometimes that far that you only realise they are there as they move, in this occasion they were really close by, running away as they saw me arriving. 

I went to other chalets this week, but I always seemed to catch the cloudy or rainy moments. And you know, in this case it gets very dark for a proper drawing. But I have no problem in going back... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment