Tuesday, May 14, 2019

New personal project

https://www.carolinadeluca.com/chaletsofthejura

Hello, I know I haven't been very diligent sharing in the blog lately. I can't promise I will manage to keep it up, but I will try. Lately, I find it easier to just take pictures and share them in my Instagram account rather than blogging or even writing a Facebook post. 
I am now drawing in larger formats, too large for my scan, and so I need to take good pictures of them to share, and I don't manage to get to it as soon as I finish one illustration. But, the important thing is to draw, right? :)

Anyway, I wanted to share here a new idea it came to my mind recently. Well, I've been thinking a long time, when I am running in the Jura mountains, oh I have to draw this, and this, and oh this as well. Because everything is so beautiful. But it is difficult to just halt a run to do a sketch, so I disregarded the idea for a while.

But the other day my neighbors got married. And as I was thinking what to draw for them I remembered they had told me once of a great weekend they had passed in one of the chalets in the Jura. Which turned out to be one of my favorite spots. So, off to draw it! And then I thought, I should draw every chalet in the Jura! I don't know how long it will take me, how regularly I will manage to do it, but I will do it. I love these pasture chalets, every single one of them, and I love to discover new routes, so, there couldn't be a better personal project for me right now.

I hope you will enjoy it too!

Later edit: below a small map of the area I am targeting. You can see there are MANY chalets (indicated by the houses). In the plan other chalet types besides pasture chalets (like forest, tourism) are also indicated. I am targeting for now pasture chalets. They are a lot, but let's go little by little and have fun all the way! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment