Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year, New Project

http://www.carolinadeluca.com/2018onedayonedrawing

Last year I've drawn a lot, but I have somehow neglected sharing many of my drawings, probably because I haven't been as regular as sometimes I'd liked. And as in everything in life, with drawing the secret is, as well, regularity. And it doesn't matter what you draw, the important thing is to just draw. Anything. Sometimes the subject will be very interesting and motivating, others it won't, but the key is to just draw anyway to never stop exercising the link between eyes, mind and hand. 

Previous years I have managed to keep a healthy regularity without imposing me any schedule, but now things are more difficult. With classes, real work, my time with my dog and my other hobbies, sometimes I go without drawing for days in a row. And well, besides this link I should keep exercising, drawing does me good. Because balance is also important. So, this year I've made myself a proposition. I will make a drawing every day. It doesn't need to be anything difficult, or imaginative, or the best drawing I've made in my life. It will be a drawing without any ambition. Just for the sake of drawing, and having a more balanced life for myself :)

I don't know if I will also share the drawings with daily frequency, if I will share them all here with a text, but I will be posting all of them in this page http://www.carolinadeluca.com/2018onedayonedrawing
You are more than welcome to have a look! 

So, for this Day 1, the "camel-sheep".
This one comes with a funny story, and a question for you. I bought this puppet in Prague, back in 1997. And since then, from many years, I thought it was a sheep. Now I don't remember if the seller told me this, or I just thought that myself. But now in my family there's an ongoing discussion: some think that it is a camel!! What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment