Thursday, April 28, 2016

Enjoying longer days

http://www.carolinadeluca.com/urban-sketching

Thursday afternoon I always drive my daughter to her dancing class. It is not far, but far enough that makes it not worth to come back home during her lesson, so I always stay there. I usually bring a book, or some work, if I am working on a digital illustration. I never go out and draw during that time because it's been always dark and cold, and time is really short to look for a place and to draw and finish color in place. But today it wasn't dark, I'd been drawing in the morning too, working on a commission, and I was left with the will of going out again just for the fun of it. So I went.

I was lucky because I found a little path I didn't know about, that brought me near the center of the town. And right there, just walking a bit, there were several nice houses for me to draw! I had 30 minutes to choose the place, sketch and be back, so I just picked a sunny spot where I could put my stuff and did a very very quick sketch of one of the houses. And I was even there waiting for my daughter to come out 3 minutes before the class was over!

The other good thing is that I have houses left to paint for next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment