Friday, January 15, 2016

A beautiful winter morning

http://www.carolinadeluca.com/urban-sketching

Winter has arrived. Finally! Now let's hope it stays for a while, just until it is supposed to, not more, not less (I do love spring as well). 

It has been snowing for some hours since yesterday morning, generally very softly, but steadily. The snow we accumulated is not much, but enough to cover everything with a few cm layer which the low temperatures will conserve for a few days. But this morning was so sunny and beautiful. Fresh snow, sun, and an intense blue sky. After two weeks raining non-stop, this was a day I had to enjoy. So I left my ongoing work for the afternoon, and went out to draw. I wanted to get higher in the mountain, so the snow layer would be a bit thicker, but I didn't get too far from home. Just next to my village, in Echenevex, I found this old farm and, well, I felt that was the place for today :)

Have a nice weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment