Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Narderans

https://www.carolinadeluca.com/chaletsofthejura

Narderans is possibly one of the most visited pasture chalets in the Haut-Jura. Situated at 1340m above Thoiry, the way up to Narderans from the Tiocan is frequently busy with people. The chalet is managed by the association Les Amis de Narderans, a group of mountain lovers who take care of the chalet and its entourage, and try to encourage the locals to visit the mountains and to get to better know their natural heritage.



This drawing is based on a series of pictures I took one morning back in June, when the cows were pasting right in front of the chalet. Before that, and after, I've been there several times, looking for that perfect view. But it is not an easy task! The chalet is encased in the mountains, making it difficult to have the good light. One of these multiple days was during a run on a Thursday afternoon. That day I got to meet a couple of the people from the Association, and told them about my drawing project. But the light was not good, because in the afternoon the sun comes from behind, so we agreed I would come back and that they would send me some pictures so I could offer a drawing to them. I hope they will like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment