Saturday, January 12, 2019

Playing Games

http://www.carolinadeluca.com/illustration

This one is a game. Just for the fun. A game that I used to play with my students the first day of class. Rules are simple: you pick a set of words from a jar, I have five types: nouns (objects, animals, people), adjectives, verbs, adverbs, and nouns designing places. We decide beforehand if we pick one of each, or which word combination we pick (can be two nouns, one verb, one adjective, or two verbs, one noun, one place, etc), and then, just imagine and draw!

For the students it was meant to help them let it go, to lose fear and just draw. For myself it is fun, and sometimes it can be a good way to keep drawing in between projects when I need some mental rest.

So I played. Word combination: two nouns, one verb, one adjective and one adverb. Words coming out were: camel, frog, cleaning, happily, fun. 

And now, after this fun... back to more serious projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment