Friday, August 19, 2016

Summer Souvenirs

http://www.carolinadeluca.com/urban-sketching

I am already starting to feel the end of Summer... a feeling which comes two folded. First, the nostalgia from knowing that before I realise, holidays will be over. Then, the envy to paint, to draw, and even to put in order my studio, maybe as a metaphor of putting also in order my ideas, and sorting out on which projects will I focus first. 

This afternoon I decided to make a sketch that, without realising, condensates these two feelings. These are four of the sea shells my children picked in Normandy, during our family holidays. A symbol of this Summer, yes, and also a way for me to get off, a bit, this urge for drawing that is already building up inside!


Detail of the seashells. And I have so many more to draw!


And the full sketch. Because when I finished with the seashells, I still wanted to sketch something more, and the watercolor box in itself is such a great subject!


Click on the images to view them larger

No comments:

Post a Comment