Sunday, May 15, 2016

Birthday Watercolor

http://www.carolinadeluca.com/portraits

Spring, as in autumn, is one of the seasons when I have more watercolor commissions. This one is for a man whose birthday was yesterday, and has a beautiful house in St Jean de Gonville, a little village few villages away from mine. For his birthday, his children wanted to offer him a watercolor of his house and garden, with himself, his wife and their two cats. 

After they first contacted me, one of their neighbor friends walked me through the garden, and we decided the view. Then I went back one sunny day, when the owners weren't around, and did a sketch of the house in my small sketchbook. The final work I did it in my studio, copying carefully the original sketch into a larger size, and inserting the birthday man, his wife and their cats. And yes, details are very important, so even if that small, they are dressed in their clothes, sitting in their chairs, and in that very same spot when they usually drink coffee.
House and Family in St Jean de Gonville, May 2016. Approx. size 40x25cm. Watercolor.

Click in the image to view it larger.























No comments:

Post a Comment